CVA is looking for a dynamic and flexible teacher to teach a variety of visual arts courses for grades K-12 in our hybrid and online learning environments. The ideal candidate is skilled in both face-to-face and online instruction techniques, is always seeking new ways to motivate and challenge students, and loves exploring new instructional technologies.
Additional Duties: We also have an opportunity for a teacher to teach one 5th grade Spanish class and to take on additional duties as a paraprofessional to fulfill a full time contract.
Primary Job Duties:
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Create a positive environment to ensure successful learning for all students.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Understand and maintain boundaries and confidentiality with students, families and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Appropriate Minnesota teaching licensure for subject area and level taught.
- Effective oral and written expression.
- Demonstrated collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Strong communication skills verbally, orally and written
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email and Microsoft Word.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Organized, flexible and task oriented.
Pay: TBD based on qualifications and teacher salary scale
Interested candidates should review the school’s website then send a cover letter, resume and references to Nicole Rasmussen, Director, at email@example.com
as soon as possible.
Applications are welcome for the Art only position, Art plus 5th grade Spanish and Art, Spanish and additional paraprofessional duties to equal a full time position.