Cyber Village Academy has an opening for a full time Special Education teacher. The ideal candidate is licensed in ABS, ASD or EBD , is familiar with a variety of face-to-face and online instructional techniques, and is interested in a flexible, small school environment working with a close team of teachers, paraprofessionals and service providers. Other licensure areas are welcome to apply.
Primary Job Duties:
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Create a positive environment to ensure successful learning for all students.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Understand and maintain boundaries and confidentiality with students, families and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Appropriate Minnesota teaching licensure for subject area and level taught.
- Effective oral and written expression.
- Demonstrated collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Strong communication skills verbally, orally and written
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email and Microsoft Word.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Organized, flexible and task oriented.
Pay: Based on salary schedule and experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and references to Elizabeth Knoll, Special Education Director, as soon as possible.