Paraprofessional (Special Education)
Full-time position available through the end of the year. Possible renewal for 2018-19.
Start date: ASAP.
- Work directly with students in classrooms and in small settings to provide academic support to students.
- Take direction from and work with teachers to support classroom activities for the whole class or for particular students.
- Review and implement accommodations for specific students as outlined in the student's IEP.
- Complete written work as directed by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent ability to build rapport and positive working relationships with students and teachers
- Patience and calmness with students of all abilities and personalities
- Competent technology and writing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Associates or Bachelors Degree, or otherwise meets requirements of a "highly qualified paraprofessional."
Reports to: Special Education Director
Full-time schedule: 8 am - 4 pm Monday thru Friday
Full-time calendar: Academic calendar: all staff days
Interested individuals should send a cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Knoll
, Special Education Director as soon as possible. Positions open until filled.